Effective with the 2013 entering junior class: In addition to completing courses included in the Newberry College Core, Pre-Nursing students must complete each of the following 11 required courses with a minimum grade of “C”, at least a 2.75 GPA, and at least a score of “Proficient” on the TEAS-V test to be considered for admission into the upper division nursing major. Current Newberry College students and alumni have priority over transfer students from other institutions for available seats in the upper division courses.
• BIO 121 – Biological Science, or BIO 130 – Human Biology
• BIO 212 – Microbiology
• BIO 215 – Human Anatomy & Physiology I
• BIO 216 – Human Anatomy & Physiology II
• CHE 101 – Concepts of Chemistry I, or CHE 113 – General Chemistry I
• CHE 102 – Concepts of Chemistry II, or CHE 114 – General Chemistry II
• ENG 111 – Composition
• ENG 112 – Introduction to Literature
• MAT 111 – College Algebra, or MAT 150 – Pre-Calculus Math, or MAT 211 – Calculus I
• MAT 200 – Applied Statistics
• SPE 110 – Public Speaking
Current Newberry students or alumni desiring to enter the nursing major must submit an Application for Admission to Nursing Major – Fall 2013 form with all supporting documents attached to the Department of Nursing office in SCM 125 between December 10 and May 15. Potential direct transfer students must apply to Newberry College and must submit their nursing application packet by May 1. Faxed application packets will not be accepted.
Admission to the College and successful completion of prerequisite course work does not guarantee admission to the upper division Nursing major. Admission to the Nursing major as a junior student is a separate process that occurs in the spring/summer of the sophomore year and is based on the student's ability to compete academically with other applicants. The number of students admitted to the Nursing major in any given year is limited to those who can be accommodated, given available resources and within the regulations set forth by the State Board of Nursing for SC.
© 2013 Newberry College. All Rights Reserved.
U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2013
Website by Cyberwoven