News

Newberry College Ranks Second in U.S. News 2012 Top Online Education Program

January 11, 2012

NEWBERRY, S.C.- In its first annual ranking of “Top Online Education Programs,” U.S. News named Newberry College's fastFORWARD Program second in the nation in student engagement and assessment for online bachelor's degree programs.

The rankings, released Jan. 10, are based on a review of 196 online education programs. Based on student engagement and assessment data, Newberry College earned a score of 80. This was second only to Bellevue University's score of 80.5.

Strong online bachelor's degree programs give students many ways to participate and have faculty who clearly and thoroughly assess students' classwork. Newberry College’s fastFORWARD received praise for having a “blended” program in which 80% of all content is delivered online, and the remaining 20% of course content gives students “face to face” interaction with instructors and colleagues.

The Top Online Education Program consists of three separate numerical indicator rankings for online bachelor’s degree programs: faculty credentials and training, student engagement and assessment, and student services and technology.

Since 2009, Newberry’s fastFORWARD program has offered Bachelor’s degrees in either business organizational management or early childhood education to adult learners in just 18 months. Newberry College plans to expand fastFORWARD to offer professional and graduate studies in the future. For more information, contact Charlene Weatherford, Associate Director of Institutional Research, at 803-321-5685 or Charlene.weatherford@newberry.edu.

« Back to List of News