Family Means You Matter
Newberry College is one big family, and it’s important to stay connected. The Alumni Association exists to foster alumni identity, information sharing, interest, involvement, and investment in support of Newberry College. Please keep in touch!
Goals of the Alumni Association
- Promote fellowship
- Increase loyalty
- Unite alumni and friends
- Link alumni with students and the College
- Assist in recruiting students
- Assist students with internships and networking
- Support the aims of the College
- Help with the expansion of the achievements and influence of Newberry College
Twelve Ways to be a Good Alumnus
- Keep your address, phone number, e-mail address, career, education and family changes up to date. (Use the Web site, e-mail, phone, or postal service.)
- Display your diploma in your home or office.
- Wear your Newberry College alumni pin.
- Display a Newberry College decal on your car.
- Participate in alumni activities.
- Recruit students.
- Contribute each year.
- Read Dimensions, the College website and special mail.
- Come back for Homecoming and other special events and bring others.
- Encourage classmates to stay in touch.
- Send notes about alumni stars so we can tell the good news.
- Volunteer to help us keep up with your class, area, or group.
Be Social! Share your News! Invite Your Classmates to Your Events.
Like us on Facebook, check us out on Flickr, follow us on Twitter, keep up with us on YouTube, and join discussions on LinkedIn!
2015 South Carolina Music Educators Association Conference Social
This free event for alumni and friends is scheduled for Friday, February 6 from 5:00-7:00 pm on the second floor of the Carolina Ale House in the Vista area of downtown Columbia, SC (708 Lady St. Columbia, SC)
Charlotte Area Alumni Gathering
Prior to our men's basketball game against the Charlotte 49ers, this event will take place 5:30-7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 11 in the Salons of the James H. Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Address is 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223)
Professor of the Year, Gerald Seals delivers address to graduates
Dec 16 2014
Newberry College Inducts Four Alumni Into Hall of Masters Teachers
Award recognizes outstanding educators in four categories
Nov 18 2014
Second Annual Dufford Diversity Week Held at Newberry College
The week included a documentary on Dr. Bill Dufford, speech and book signing from U.S. Congressman James E. Clyburn and keynote speech from Emmy Award winning alumnus, Justin Machado.
Nov 13 2014
What's new with you?
Recently married, had a baby, changed jobs, earned an award or just want to report a new address? We'd like to know! Help us keep our records current by completing our "Keep In Touch" form below.
at Newberry College
Come Celebrate with Us!
Join us for food, fun
Homecoming events are a great way to connect with old friends, engage in professional networking, and interact with College faculty and staff.
Please mark your calendars to join us October 9-11 for Homecoming 2015.
For questions you may contact email@example.com.
Reflecting on Homecoming 2014 – The Sounds of Newberry
We're pleased to announce a Sounds of Newberry College theme for Homecoming 2014. If you haven’t already done so, please mark your calendar to join us October 17-19,2014, as we have a very special Homecoming planned.
To go along with this year’s theme, the Office of Alumni Relations and the Department of Music are teaming up with the goal of having an alumni chorus and an alumni band perform Saturday, October 18.
If you are interested in taking part in the music festivities, contact Alumni Coordinator, Jeff Wicker, at 803.321.5676 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are interested in the band and/or choral performance. If you are a former band member, please indicate which instrument you will be bringing to play. If you're interested in the choral performance, please indicate which part you sing.
We are eagerly anticipating Homecoming 2014, and we hope that you will make plans to join us.
It’s just not Homecoming without a game!
Dust off your pom-poms and cheer yourself hoarse for your home team. Go Wolves!
The Newberry College reunion classes will each celebrate in their own special ways.
Classes of 1954, 1964, 1989 and 2004
If you are a member of one of these classes you should have received a separate mailing with the specifics of your reunion activities. If not, please contact Alumni Relations coordinator Jeff Wicker at Jeffrey.email@example.com or 803.321.5676.
Join the Festivities
Plan a Wonderful Visit
We’ve planned a Homecoming Week that is jam-packed with exciting activities, and we look forward to seeing you for the fun and excitement of Homecoming.
Sunday, October 12
Annual Downtown Window Painting – All Day, Downtown Newberry
Monday, October 13
- Wolf Fest – 6 pm, Downtown Newberry
- Woodwinds Showcase Recital - 8 pm, Alumni Music Center Recital Hall
Tuesday, October 14
- Newberry Blood Drive – 10 am-4 pm, Fountain Circle
- Men’s Soccer v. Chowan – 3 pm, Smith Road Complex
- Volleyball v. Brevard – 7 pm, Eleazer Arena
- Casino Night – 9 pm, Kaufmann Hall Deck
Wednesday, October 15
- Homecoming Talent Show – 8 pm, Event Tent by Walker Hall
Thursday, October 16
- Wind Symphony Concert – 8 pm, Wiles Chapel
- Laugh Out Loud Comedy Show – 9 pm, Alumni Music Center
Friday, October 17
- Can Castles Contest Judging – 5 pm, Kaufmann Hall Deck
- Campaign Launch Event – 6 pm (By Invitation Only)
- Homecoming Party – 9 pm, Event Tent by Walker Hall
Saturday, October 18
- 5K Run/Walk – 8 am, Begins at College Street Main Entrance. Register online or download registration form from the Strictly Running website and mail to Newberry College Alumni Office.
- Alumni Association Information Tent – 9 am-4pm, Fountain Circle
- Alumni Association Meeting – 10:30 am, Wiles Chapel
- College Family Luncheon – 10:30 am-2:30 pm, Kaufmann Hall Dining Room
- Newberry College Singers and Madrigal Concert – 11:30 am, Wiles Chapel
- African-American Alumni Chapter Luncheon – Noon, Dufford Alu mni House
- Homecoming Parade – 1:30 pm, Lindsey Furniture to Fountain Circle
- Alumni Chorus & Band Meetup – 2:30 pm, Event tent by Walker Hall
- College Family Photo – 3 pm, Yost Portico
- Alumni Band & Chorus Recognition – 3:30 pm, Setzler Field
- Football v. Lenoir-Rhyne – 4 pm, Setzler Field
- Festival of Fireworks – 7 pm, Setzler Field
- Young Alumni Chapter Post-Game Homecoming Party – 7:30 pm, Yost Portico
Sunday, October 19
- Homecoming Worship and Memorial Service – 10:30 am, Wiles Chapel
- Sunday Brunch – 10:30 am-2 pm, Kaufmann Hall Dining Room
- Field Hockey v. Lindenwood – Noon, Setzler Field
Connect With Professional Peers
It’s all about who you know, so it always a good thing to reach out and keep in contact with your fellow Newberry College alumni. Keeping the lines of communication open between colleagues near and far can generate a flow of innovations and ideas that reach global proportions.
Keep Up with the Trends!
Enhance your skills and stay abreast of all the most current developments and certifications in your chosen career. Newberry’s continuing education program is also a great way to network with your peers!
Learn the latest tools and innovations while preparing to take the next step in your career. Newberry College offers a wide array of courses both online and on campus in every discipline.
RETAIN Center of Excellence
RETAIN seeks to increase teacher retention in South Carolina by providing quality professional development, mentoring, and support for teachers in their first three years. The center, located at Newberry College, is funded through a grant from the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education. RETAIN is passionate about supporting new teachers. We are making a difference in our partner schools and in schools all over South Carolina. Please see their website at www.retainscteachers.org for current events or check RETAIN's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RetainSCTeachers
To request an official Transcript, please complete the following transcript online order system. The transcript fee is $5.00 each after the first copy has been issued. If the transcript is faxed, that is an additional $2.00. We
accept Mastercard or VISA.
Office of the Registrar
2100 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108
Fax to: 803-321-5126