Student Healthcare and Counseling Services
Health Services at Newberry College contributes to the physical, academic, emotional, and social development of students by providing quality healthcare for students. We do this through offering free general healthcare services, and by counseling students who are experiencing emotional/behavioral or learning difficulties. We are also committed to promoting healthy behaviors for all students through health education. Health and Counseling Services operates with a commitment to confidentiality, ethical behavior, and practices that reflect current research and professional standards.
Office Hours and Location
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. We are located behind the Science/Math building and across from Brokaw Hall. Services on campus are free of charge to all full-time students.
- Assessment and treatment of acute illness.
- Collaborative work with a local physician
- Testing for strep, flu, pregnancy, glucose, and urinalysis
- Referrals to physicians, and resources within the community
- Education on health related topics
Physician services are contracted with Compass Family Medicine, P.A., for illness, injuries, and ongoing allergy injections. The physician's service bill is separate and filed through the student's private insurance. Students will need to provide insurance information and co-pay for physician services.
- Confidential assessments.
- Individual and group therapies.
- Collaborative work with physicians.
- Referrals to other resources on campus and within the community.
- Consultation and educational services to assist in fostering an environment supportive of the intellectual, emotional, and social development of students.
Notice of Medical Privacy Practices
Martha Dorrell, MSW, LISW-CP
Director of Health and Counseling Services/Counselor
Lisa Gibson NCC,LPC,LAC
Mental Health Counselor
Renee Arnold, RN
Health Services Packet
Each student is required to complete a Health Services Packet, which includes a medical history form and a record of immunization. The Health Services packet may be mailed to Health Services, 2100 College Street, Newberry, SC 29108, faxed to Health Services ,803.321.5239 or e-mailed. * The health forms for athletic participation are separate and need to be sent to the Athletic Office. If you have any questions regarding the athletic health forms, please contact 803.321.5166.