Tuesday, October 19, 2021Register Now!
The Department of Music invites prospective students and families to spend a day on the Newberry College campus to learn more about college life for music students at Newberry. This event is open to all current high school juniors and seniors who are interested in pursuing a music degree in college. Attendance is free. Lunch is provided for each student and ONE guest. Meals for additional guests may be purchased in the College dining hall during the lunch break.
REGISTER FOR AUDITION (optional)
Students attending Music Major for a Day may audition at the conclusion of the event. Click here to register in advance for your audition.
Schedule of Activities
- Welcome and Introduction of Music Faculty
- Music Admission and Scholarships
- Masterclasses with Newberry College Faculty
- Q & A Session with Current Newberry Music Majors
- Lunch in the Dining Hall
- Performances by Madrigals, Jazz Big Band and Chamber Ensembles.
- Rehearsals with Wind Ensemble, Newberry College Singers and Chamber Orchestra. Bring your instrument to sit in with our College ensembles!
Contact the Newberry College Department of Music. Email Debbie.Jarman@newberry.edu or call 803.321.5633.