Music Performance Honors
Music Performance Honors Program
The Music Performance Honors Program recognizes outstanding student musicicans who NOT pursuing the Music in Performance major, but who are capable of performing at that level and who wish to complete the additional requirements for Performance majors. Participation in the Music Performance Honors Program will:
- Prepare students not enrolled in the Music in Performance program to audition for graduate degree programs in Music Performance should they wish to do so.
- Equip students with additional performance education and experience without additional academic coursework. When combined with a Bachelor of Art's in Music degree or a Bachelor of Music Education degree, the increase in credit hours is minimal.
- Provide students with recognition for Music Performance Honors status on their official student transcripts.
Honors Program Requirements
- 24 hours of private lessons
- MUA 380 (half-hour recital - 1 hour)
- MUA 480 (hour recital - 2 hours)
- 4 semesters of chamber music on the student's major instrument (0-1 hour each)
Honors Program Admission Criteria
Students must earn an average of 80 points on the Sophomore Barrier Performance Evaluation Rubric in order to begin the program honors program. Students must meet the same performance standards as Bachelor of Music in Performance majors. .