- Qualified applicants must submit information requested in the job posting. Unless otherwise specified, review of applicants will continue until positions are filled.
Head Coach and Coordinator of E-Sports
Under administrative direction, the Head Coach and Coordinator of Esports is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive all aspects of starting a competitive collegiate Esports program. The incumbent must fulfill these duties while adhering to all rules, guidelines, and principles as set forth by Newberry College, the Departments of Student Affairs as well as National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE).
This is full-time, 12-month, Student Affairs professional staff position. Head Coach and Coordinator of Esports reports directly to the Director of Student Engagement and Greek Life and works closely with her/him to carry out all designated responsibilities.
Core Job Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to develop students both academically and athletically.
- Schedules and provides instruction for all practices, competitions, and events within College and NACE guidelines.
- Oversees the conduct and discipline of the students in conjunction with the Student Conduct Office.
- Instructs, teach, and coach students during practice and competition.
- Conducts video analysis and instruction as a teaching and preparation tool.
- Provides leadership and direction to students, community members, and support personnel.
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits potential team members to Newberry College in accordance with College and NACE policies and procedures
- Recruits and retains students as team members and ensures that program meets annual squad size number ( Year 1: 12; Year 2: 18; Year 3: 24)
- Coordinates recruitment and scholarship activities with the Dean of Enrollment Management
- Ensure students meet NC Athletics eligibility requirements to participate
- Collaborate and executes a comprehensive Esports marketing plan
Administration and Events
- Report recruitment and retention to Dean of Students for inclusion in President’s Council and Board of Trustees reports
- Responsible for scheduling, budget control, public relations, program promotions, academic support, and retention of students.
- Effectively plan and implement Esports events in a complex environment with multiple campus centers, a traditional higher education setting, and online learning.
- Responsible for adhering to the policies and regulations of the College and NACE.
- Responsible for the orientation of students to the College and NACE guidelines.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports in a timely manner; particularly regarding budget, eligibility, compliance and travel documentation.
- Work with the Student Affairs to provide accurate data for individual and team accomplishments, as well as game scores.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- Represent the College at conference, regional, state and national meetings relating specifically to Esports.
- Advocate for sponsorship opportunities related to program development.
- Keep abreast of trends and issues in Esports
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL OR OTHER HIRING REQUIRMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge and experience with Esports games such as: League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, or similar games.
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective students from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles, and demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students academically and athletically.
- Through knowledge of, or willingness to learn, all applicable National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) rules and Newberry College eligibility standards as they apply to Esports at Newberry College.
- Ability to coordinate all team travel and transportation in conjunction with the Student Affairs.
- Ability to implement marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of computer systems directly required for competitive Esports play and University administration.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience in campus activities and event planning with focus on Campus Recreation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Experience with developing and maintain budgets.
- Work evening and weekends as required of position.
Head Men's and Women's Cross Country Coach
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Head Men’s and Women’s Track & Field coach, this position assumes the role of Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Coach/Assistant Track and Field Coach within the Track & Field program and all duties associated with that role, including: student-athlete recruitment and retention, meet preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice, and provide administrative support as assigned.
Job Description, Duties, and Tasks:
Implementing and coordinating the recruitment process.
Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning.
Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the cross country and track & field program.
Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
Assist with the administrative functions of the cross country and track program: Assist with coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits.
Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by: Representing the Department of Athletics at designated College, departmental and community functions. Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities.
Promote the College’s core values to students, co-workers and college community.
Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles. Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of coaching cross country and track & field tactics/techniques
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university
USATF Level 1
USATF Level 2 Endurance Specialist
Well-developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents
Ability to motivate student-athletes
Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes
Ability to recruit and retain student-athletes
Demonstrated ability to use computer programs
Ability to communicate and understand athletes and coaches.
Valid Driver’s License
Flexible schedule that permits attendance at key sessions and most competitions
Applications: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Head Men's and Women's Cross Country Coach" in the subject line.
*Newberry College is committed to fostering diversity and is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the candidacy of underrepresented groups.
Job Description: Under the oversight of the Associate Dean for Student Success and Persistence, the successful candidate will provide leadership and mentorship for students needing guidance in their academic career. Responsibilities include: Provides academic advising to select group of undeclared major students; Assists with academic program development and implementation; Monitors student academic progress; Works closely and collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to ensure academic success; Works under limited or minimal supervision, handles problems; Provides guidance and advice to students; Responds to student questions and concerns; Works with students to resolve all issues to ensure ongoing satisfaction with the program and successful progress to completion; Provides regular updates to the Associate Dean concerning retention risks and intervention support; Teaches COL 113 as requested by the Associate/Assistant Dean; Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred. Two years of related higher education experience and experience in classroom instuction, also preferred.
Applications: Send resume to email@example.com. Please include "Academic Specialist" in the subject line.
These job descriptions reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement or contract of employment, expressed or implied. Unless designated in writing and signed by the College President, all College employees are considered to be" EMPLOYED AT WILL". Newberry College reserves the right to change, alter and amend job descriptions, functions and duties at the pleasure of the College President or Board of Trustees.