Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Links
3 males talking on campus by fountain


Veterans Program

Veteran's Benefits

Newberry College is an accredited institution, a military friendly college, and participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. More information is available from the Office of the Registrar and the VA Coordinator's Office.


Registrar’s Office Location and Contact Information

The Office of the Registrar is located on the first floor of Holland Hall. Call the Registrar's Office at 803-321-5124.


Office of the VA Coordinator and Adult Mentoring Services

Located in Academic Affairs on the second floor of Holland Hall. Call 803-321-2121 or email

Determining Your GI Benefits Online through the United States Department of Veteran Affairs

Go to

On this page, you will see 5 steps listed on the left side of the page.  Use those 5 steps as your guide for making decisions and filling out the appropriate paper work.


Step 1: Determine your best benefit.

This page indicates what types of benefits are rewarded for various types of study and informs you of various education options and their related benefits.

For fastFORWARD students, please note that if you are taking distance or online classes, you qualify for 1/2 the national average monthly housing allowance under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.


Step 2: Collect Your Paperwork and Information

You will need the following documents

DD214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty for most recent period of active duty

Transcripts for all periods of education after high school.

Kicker Contract (the Department of Defense may be able to provide this information if you cannot locate a copy of the contract.)


Step 3: Choosing a School

The maximum in-state fees for South Carolina is $4,305.50 and $484.00 per credit hour. (This does not apply for active duty service personnel.)

The zip code for Newberry College is 29108.

Tuition and Fee information can be found at

Please note: Newberry College participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program


Step 4: Compare Programs


Step 5: Apply Online

Newberry College’s VA Certifying Officer is Carol Bickley and she is located in the Registrar’s Office in Holland Hall. You will need to bring the following forms to facilitate the process.

* Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD form 214) for all periods of active duty service

 * DD Form 2384, also known as the Notice of Basic Eligibility, if applying for the Montgomery GI Bill for Selected Reserves (chapter 1606)

* Copies of orders if activated from the guard/reserves

* Supporting documents (e.g., vouchers, statements) for buy-up or buy-in contributions, which may allow you to make a small initial payment so that you can receive a higher monthly payment.

* College fund “kicker” contracts for additional monthly payments that you may receive from the Department of Defense through your branch of the Service

Next Steps
Give Now