Newberry College, an accredited institution, is a military friendly college and a participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. More information is available in the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Veterans Affairs.
The Office of the Registrar is located in Holland Hall, first floor. Call the Registrar at 803-321-5124.
The Office of Veterans Affairs is located in the Center for Student Success in Wessles Library. Contact Veterans Affairs Representative Samilia Abney at 803.321.5148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Determining Your GI Benefits
Your can determine your eligibility and benefit amounts using VA GI Bill Comparison Tool on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Go to https://www.benefits.va.gov/giBill/
Use the steps below to help you compare benefits and gather the necessary documentation to request education benefits.
Determine your best benefit. This page indicates what types of benefits are rewarded for various types of study and informs you of various education options and their related benefits. For Newberry Online students, please note that if you are online classes, you qualify for one-half the national average monthly housing allowance under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
Collect Your Information. You will need the following documents:
- DD214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty for most recent period of active duty
- Transcripts for all periods of education after high school.
- Kicker Contract (the Department of Defense may be able to provide this information if you cannot locate a copy of the contract.)
Compare Programs and Choose a School. The maximum in-state fee for South Carolina is $4,305.50 and $484.00 per credit hour. (This does not apply for active duty service personnel.) The zip code for Newberry College is 29108. Newberry College participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Information on tuition and fess is available at https://www.newberry.edu/admission
Apply Online. Newberry College’s VA Certifying Officer is Tanika Beard in the Office of the Registrar. The Registrar must receive the following information for the certification process:
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD form 214) for all periods of active duty service
- DD Form 2384, also known as the Notice of Basic Eligibility, if applying for the Montgomery GI Bill for Selected Reserves (chapter 1606)
- Copies of orders if activated from the guard/reserves
- Supporting documents (e.g., vouchers, statements) for buy-up or buy-in contributions, which may allow you to make a small initial payment so that you can receive a higher monthly payment.
- College fund “kicker” contracts for additional monthly payments that you may receive from the Department of Defense through your branch of the Service