Qualified applicants must submit information requested in the job posting. Unless otherwise specified, review of applicants will continue until positions are filled.
Electronic Resources/Outreach Librarian
Newberry College invites applications the position of Electronic Resources/Outreach Librarian. The appointment is a full-time, 12-month faculty position in beginning in July 2020. The successful candidate will engage students, on campus and online, to to be active participants in their learning, will assist with all areas of the research process, and will oversee the library’s electronic resources collection and website.
The successful candidate will be an active member of the campus community which includes being widely available for student help, developing student support programs, and serving on institutional committees.
Newberry College is committed to the achievement of academic excellence by students from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to giving all students opportunities for success through service and personal attention. The successful candidate will have intercultural competence and history of success working with students from diverse and underrepresented populations.
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited university required.
Administer all aspects of the shared library services platform (SLSP), serving as first point of contact for its implementation and operation
- Administer access to databases, journal collections, and other electronic resources.
- Manage electronic services, such as EZproxy
- Provide technical support for, and resolve problems with, electronic resources and services.
- Provide training and information to library staff to facilitate optimal use of electronic resources and services, as well as the SLSP
- Run reports and compile statistics for the library’s electronic resources and services annually and by request
- Investigate and, in consultation with the Library Director, implement additional functionality and enhancements to the library’s electronic resources, services, or SLSP
- Support the College’s online programs
- Manage social media accounts
- Create content for and maintain the library’s website
- Serve on Faculty Committees
- Collaborate with other Academic Affairs units
- Other tasks as assigned by the Library Director
Review of applications will begin January 27th and continue until position is filled. Applicants should send a letter of interest, Curriculum Vitae, and contact information for three professional references to Associate Dean, Dr. Christina Wendland (email@example.com). Please include “Electronic Resources/Outreach Librarian” in the subject line.
The successful candidate must submit to a background check and submit all official transcripts before beginning employment.
These job descriptions reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement or contract of employment, expressed or implied. Unless designated in writing and signed by the College President, all College employees are considered to be EMPLOYED AT WILL. Newberry College reserves the right to change, alter and amend job descriptions, functions and duties at the pleasure of the College President or Board of Trustees.