Your Career Path
The Newberry College Nursing Department is dedicated to providing an education that heals, cures and comforts. With state-of-the-art facilities, knowledgeable and compassionate faculty, and clinical partnerships with Lexington Medical Center, Nursing graduates will be prepared to meet the demands of the world beyond.
The Department of Nursing offers two pathways for earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree. The B.S.N. Prelicensure Track is for students who want to become nurses. The R.N.-to-B.S.N. completion track is for registered nurses (RNs) who already have an associate degree or a diploma in nursing, and who want to take the necessary courses to earn their bachelor's degree. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Newberry College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The BSN Prelicensure Track at Newberry College is a four-year degree program. Students take foundation courses during their first year of study at Newberry College, followed by two years of upper-division courses. The program is offered in partnership with Lexington Medical Center, so students have a variety of learning experiences with expert nurses, both in the classroom and in the clinical setting. The Nursing program is approved by the State Board of Nursing for South Carolina, so graduates are eligible to take the licensing examination to become registered nurses.
Nursing (Prelicensure Track)
View program details
The Department of Nursing offers two pathways for earning a bachelor of science in Nursing (BS). The BSN Prelicensure Track is for students who want to become nurses. The RN-to-BSN Completion Track, for registered nurses (RNs) who possess an associate’s degree or a diploma in nursing who want to take the necessary courses to earn their bachelor of science in Nursing. The Nursing program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC, 20036-1120, (202) 887-6791.
The RN-to-BSN Completion Track is designed for registered nurses (RNs) who already have a diploma in nursing or an associate's degree in nursing from an ACEN-accredited nursing program and wish to complete additional study to earn a bachelor of science in Nursing degree. The RN-to-BSN Completion Track is delivered using a hybrid format employing a mixture of face-to-face and online classes. Because they already are licensed nurses, these students are granted a combination of academic credit for life experiences and advanced placement credit for selected NUR courses once they complete the bridging course with at least a grade of “B”. Clinical experiences are arranged collaboratively with the student, course faculty, and preceptors in the student’s local community.
Graduates of the baccalaureate degree nursing program at Newberry College are prepared to:
- Provide culturally competent care for patients, families, groups, and populations across the health-illness continuum and across the lifespan.
- Utilize the Neuman Systems Model to provide holistic nursing care in a variety of settings within a complex and dynamic healthcare system.
- Design, coordinate, and manage nursing care that integrates a liberal education with nursing theory and research, clinical expertise, and patient values to assist patients in reaching their optimum level of wellness.
- Incorporate professional standards, critical thinking, patient advocacy, compassion, and leadership into their nursing practice.
- Engage in ongoing professional development, life-long learning, and service in society.
Nursing (RN-to-BSN Completion Track
View program details
- Duke University Medical Center
- Lexington Medical Center
- Newberry County School District