Rx for Career Success
Enhance your credentials and advance your career with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Newberry College. This fully online degree-completion program is designed to allow working RNs to earn their degree in as few as 12 months.
Available Majors, Minors, and Concentrations
The RN-to-BSN advancement track consists of 32 semester hours of credit of required nursing and core/elective courses that satisfy the residence requirements at Newberry College. The RN-to-BSN advancement track course sequence is designed to be completed in three semesters (full-time) or in six semesters (part-time). RNs admitted to this track begin the nursing courses in any semester they choose and graduate once they have completed all the required courses in the track. The Department of Nursing offers each nursing course only once a year on a fixed schedule. Program students must meet the Newberry College core requirements just as other transfer students. Transfer credit for previous college-level coursework is evaluated by the registrar’s office on an individual basis. The BSN program is designed to meet the needs of registered nurses and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The RN-to-BSN degree-advancement program is designed for working RNs with an associate degree or a diploma in nursing who want to earn their bachelor's degree. Newberry Online courses are offered over 7.5-week terms with five sub-terms for the year. Students can take a maximum of 15 credits per trimester (two sub-terms).
SAMPLE COURSE LIST -- RN-to-BSN ONLINE
- Bridging to Generalist Nursing Practice for RNs
- Nursing Leadership & Change for RNs
- Pathophysiological Bases of Nursing Practice for RNs
- Nursing Leadership & Change – RN Practicum
- Health Assessment Across the Lifespan for RNs
- Community Health Nursing for RNs
- Community Health Nursing – RN Practicum
- Nursing Research & EBP for RNs
- Human Heredity
- Professional Development for RNs
You must hold an active RN licensure, currently employed in nursing role (part-time or full-time)
You must be a graduate of an accredited ADN program
You must have earned a grade of “C” or better on all prerequisite courses
RN to BSN Tuition
$395 per credit hour
RN to BSN Expenses
- Application fee – No fee to apply
- Student Services fees – Included in your tuition
- Course Resource fee – Included in your tuition
- Testing fees – Included in your tuition
- Books and Supplies – Varies by course requirements; approximately $100 -- $300 per course
- Transcript fees (transferring schools) – Varies by institution; typically $20 - $30 per school.
You may be eligible for tuition assistance through the South Carolina Tuition Grant. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at https://fafsa.ed.gov
Newberry College school code: 003440
Apply for admission in two easy steps!
- Complete the Online Programs application for admission.
- Send official transcripts from all academic institutions.
If you are admitted to the program we’ll conduct a free credit evaluation and provide you with a Degree Completion Roadmap so you’ll know exactly where you stand now and what comes next.
We're Here to Help!
Our admission counselors are ready to answer questions and walk you through the application process.
Call 1.800.845.4955 or email email@example.com.
- Acute Care Nurse
- Ambulatory Care Nurse
- Critical Care Nurse
- Assistant Nurse Manager
- Pediatric Nurse
- Neonatal Nurse
- Labor & Delivery Nurse
- School Nurse
- Military Nurse
- Travelling Nurse
- Faith Community Nurse
- Home Health Nurse
- Certified Nurse Anesthetist (with additional education)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (with additional education)
- Nurse Practitioner (with additional education)
- Nurse Educator (with additional education)
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Emergency Department Nurse
Dean of Nursing & Health Sciences
Director of Nursing
Associate Professor of Nursing
Adminstrative Assistant, Department of Nursing